We could help you pay off your student loans!
Full Time (Nights) | 36 hours/week | 7pm – 7am | Med Surg
A competent medical/surgical nurse needs to be flexible about working conditions and care about the extremely diverse needs of different patients. Their primary responsibility is to look after the needs of people with serious medical conditions, as well as those who are recovering from medical procedures.
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.
- Valid Michigan RN license
- Experience preferred but not required
- BLS, ACLS, PALS and CPI certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Working cohesively with the healthcare team to assess, administer and evaluate individual patient care plans
- Keeping organized and following patient care plans exactly
- Administering medications and using medical equipment
- Using basic math skills adequate for dosage calculations
- Monitoring patients’ conditions and maintaining accurate, detailed and confidential patient charts, reports and records
- Consulting with and advising patients and their families on health maintenance and disease prevention
- Creating a comfortable environment for patients and families using a non-judgmental, compassionate attitude and open-communication
- Communicating clearly and honestly with people from all backgrounds
- Standing for long periods, lifting moderate weight and working in environments where there may be infectious material
- Insurance: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Retirement: 403(b) with match
- Education assistance and continuing education – many courses offered on-site at the hospital
- At this time, RNs may qualify for assistance with their student loan debt!
Complete an online application, or send your resume directly to HRAPP@hillsdalehospital.com.