Offering student loan debt assistance!
Full Time | 36 hours/week | ER
Night Shift is 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
We also have Mid-Shift 2:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
An ER Nurse, or Emergency Nurse, is in charge of providing healthcare to patients who urgently need treatment so they can stabilize their vital signs and limit pain and discomfort. Their duties include identifying the needs of a patient, filling out charts and intake paper and collecting information and samples so they can run tests.
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.
Qualifications for the ED RN
- Valid Michigan RN license
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience preferred
- BLS, ACLS, PALS and CPI certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
Responsibilities of the ED RN
- Triage incoming patients based on level of injury or illness
- Immediately stabilize incoming patients
- Administer medication as instructed by physicians
- Start intravenous lines, and set broken bones
- Perform tracheotomies and intubations
- Give patients stitches and sutures
- Create and maintain incoming patient records
- Work with team of emergency staff to help patients
- Help transfer stable patients to other wings
- Collect and analyze assessment data, identify appropriate nursing diagnosis lists and create individualized plan of care
- Evaluate outcomes and adjust nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care
- Participate in unit specific/hospital-wide quality improvement initiatives and assist with activities that enhance quality of nursing practices
- Insurance: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Retirement: 403(b) with match
- Education assistance and continuing education – many courses offered on-site at the hospital
- At this time, RNs may be eligible for student loan debt assistance!