Student Volunteer Opportunities
Gain hands-on experience with meaningful volunteer service at your local hospital.
Hillsdale Hospital offers hands-on experience to college students in a professional hospital setting. Volunteering is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference as you learn about quality rural healthcare.
Is This Opportunity For You?
Student volunteers must…
- Commit to at least 2 hours per week in a particular department
- Be willing and ready to help with tasks such as stocking supplies, assembling information packets and visiting with skilled nursing patients
- Get excited to become a part of the Hillsdale Hospital family!
Our student volunteers support tasks in various departments, including…
- Emergency Room
- Birthing Center
- Pain Management
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Inpatient Units (Skilled Nursing, Medical/Surgical & CCU)
- Possible opportunities in IT, Marketing & Administration
If you’re a Hillsdale College student, volunteer opportunities are facilitated through Great Opportunities for Assistance and Leadership (GOAL). To learn more about volunteering, visit hillsdale.edu/campus-life/volunteer. If you’re a student at another college, please contact Tracey Rardin from our human resources team at (517) 437-5433 or trardin@HillsdaleHospital.com to learn more.