Join a Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
Uniting with Patients, Families and Caregivers
A Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) is an organization of current and former patients, family members and caregivers that work together to advance best practices in our hospital.
Patient and family advisors are individuals who have received care at our hospital and who offer insights/input to help us provide care and services that are based on patient and family identified needs rather than the assumptions of what clinicians or other hospital staff think that patients and families want.
The goal of the patient and family engagement is to create an environment where patients, families, clinicians, and hospital staff all work together as partners to improve the quality and safety of hospital care. Patient and family engagement encompasses behaviors by patients, family members, clinicians, and hospital staff, as well as the organizational policies and procedures that support these behaviors.
The meetings are held in the hospital Annex building a minimum of once a month for two hours, and a meal is served. If you are interested in becoming a member of our PFAC please complete and submit the online application.
Benefits of an Advisory Council
- Leads to increased understanding and cooperation between patients, families and staff.
- Results in more efficient planning to ensure that services meet consumer’s needs and priorities.
- Promotes respectful, effective partnerships between patients and families and hospital professionals.
- Offers a forum for developing creative, cost-effective solutions to problems and challenges faced by the hospital.
- Supplies a link between the program, its surrounding community, and community groups.
PFAC Mission Statement
The Patient and Family Advisory Council is dedicated to assuring delivery of the highest standards of comprehensive and compassionate health care by Hillsdale Hospital. We do this by working in active partnership with our health care providers to strengthen communication and collaboration among patients, families, caregivers and staff; and to promote patient and family advocacy and involvement.
Patient & Family Advisory Council Application
Please fill out this form in its entirety to indicate your interest in being considered for membership on the Patient & Family Advisory Council. Thank you!