- Serves as an advisory resource to administration and staff.
- Promotes improved relationships between patients, families, and hospital staff.
- Provides a vehicle for communication between patients, families, and staff.
- Provides a venue for patients and families to provide input into policy and program development.
- Provides an opportunity for patients and families to review recommendations referred to the council by staff or administration.
- Provides an opportunity for patients and families to actively participate in the development of new facilities and programs.
- Actively helps implement changes.
- Collaborates as partners with staff, physicians, and administration in the planning and operation of specific programs.
- Provides opportunities for staff to listen to their patients and families.
- Provides a safe venue for patients and families to provide input in a setting where they are receiving care.
Benefits of an Advisory Council
- Leads to increased understanding and cooperation between patients, families and staff.
- Results in more efficient planning to ensure that services meet consumer’s needs and priorities.
- Promotes respectful, effective partnerships between patients and families and hospital professionals.
- Offers a forum for developing creative, cost-effective solutions to problems and challenges faced by the hospital.
- Supplies a link between the program, its surrounding community, and community groups.
2020 Meeting Dates & Times
All meetings are held at Noon in the Hospital – Conference Room A – across from Hospital Cafeteria
- January 13, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- May 11, 2020
- July 13, 2020
- September 14, 2020
- November 9, 2020