Full Time (Nights) | 36 hrs/week | 1900 to 0700 including every other weekend
Under the supervisor of an RN, the certified nursing assistant provides daily care to residents assisting with their ADLs, hygiene, restorative, and rehabilitative needs, following each resident’s plan of care while keeping them safe and comfortable.
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid Michigan CNA certification preferred, otherwise must attain within 4 months of hire
- BLS certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Assist patients with activities of daily living such as grooming, bathing, and eating
- Collect patient specimens and communicate to nurse
- Maintain accurate records within the chart: graphics, I&Os, evening and weekend activity, showers, etc.
- Know and carry out patient’s plan of care and interventions under the direction of the Charge Nurse
- Perform clerical duties related to admissions, discharges, transfers, etc., input computer data appropriately, answer the telephone in a friendly manner, take messages, and direct calls