Full Time (Nights) | 36 hrs/week including every other weekend | 5:45 pm to 6:15 am
Under the direction of the Charge Nurse, the certified nursing assistant provides daily care of residents assisting with their ADL, hygiene, restorative and rehabilitative needs. Follows each resident’s plan of care and keeps them safe and comfortable.
- Insurance: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Retirement: 403(b) with match
- Education assistance and continuing education – many courses offered on-site at the hospital
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid Michigan CNA certification preferred, otherwise must attain within 4 months of hire
- BLS certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Assist patients with activities of daily living including grooming, bathing, eating, etc.
- Collect patient specimens and communicate to nurse
- Maintain accurate records within the chart: graphics, I&Os, evening and weekend activity, showers, etc.
- Know and follow the patient’s plan of care and interventions
- Answer call lights, phone and communicates with the residents and families in a friendly, respectful manner
- Accurately and thoroughly performs skin assessments with ADL care. Follows all policies, procedures and protocols regarding the prevention and treatment of skin breakdown resulting from pressure