Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Serves as an advisory resource to administration and staff.
- Promotes improved relationships between patients, families, and hospital staff.
- Provides a vehicle for communication between patients, families, and staff.
- Provides a venue for patients and families to provide input into policy and program development.
- Provides an opportunity for patients and families to review recommendations referred to the council by staff or administration.
- Provides an opportunity for patients and families to actively participate in the development of new facilities and programs.
- Actively helps implement changes.
- Collaborates as partners with staff, physicians, and administration in the planning and operation of specific programs.
- Provides opportunities for staff to listen to their patients and families.
- Provides a safe venue for patients and families to provide input in a setting where they are receiving care.
BENEFITS OF AN ADVISORY COUNCIL
- Leads to increased understanding and cooperation between patients, families and staff.
- Results in more efficient planning to ensure that services meet consumer's needs and priorities.
- Promotes respectful, effective partnerships between patients and families and hospital professionals.
- Offers a forum for developing creative, cost-effective solutions to problems and challenges faced by the hospital.
- Supplies a link between the program, its surrounding community, and community groups.
Community Members (Pictured)
Back Row - Terri Sparks, Karen Kunkel
Front Row - Pam Purdy, Jeannie Vaillancourt, Martha Spicuzza
JJ Hodshire, Dr. Karen Luparello, Tressa Reiniche, John Robertson, Julie Walters, Doris Whorley
Meeting dates/times 2020
(All meetings at Noon in the Hospital - Conference Room A - across from Hospital Cafeteria)
January 13, 2020
March 9, 2020
May 11, 2020
July 13, 2020
September 14, 2020
November 9, 2020