Two Healthy Grandparents Now Permitted to Visit Laboring Mothers, New Babies
HILLSDALE, Mich.—Due to decreasing rates of new COVID-19 cases in the county, Hillsdale Hospital is expanding its visitation for obstetrics patients, effective immediately.
Laboring mothers are currently permitted one significant other/adult support person for the duration of their stay (labor, delivery and post-partum). Effectively immediately, up to two healthy grandparents may also visit during the hours of 8 am to 8 pm.
See below for current visitation guidelines across all the hospital’s service areas and locations.
Visitors permitted only as designated below, as necessary for the patient to receive care (i.e. communication, mobility, caregiver, etc.) or in end-of-life circumstances. All patients aged 21 and under may be accompanied by one parent or guardian. Unit- or clinic-specific permissions are as follows:
- Emergency Room: One adult visitor per patient for the duration of that patient’s ER stay. Visitor must stay in the patient’s room unless asked to move to the waiting room due to patient condition.
- McGuire & MacRitchie (Skilled Nursing Facility): No visitors permitted.
- Medical/Surgical/Critical Care Unit: One visitor permitted per 24-hour period. Visiting hours are 8 am-8 pm. COVID-19 positive patients are not permitted visitors for the duration of their stay.
- Behavioral Health Unit: One designated visitor per patient for the duration of patient’s stay. Permitted only from 6-7:30 pm Monday through Friday or 3-5 pm Saturday, Sunday and on holidays.
- Birthing Center (OB): One significant other/adult support person is permitted for the duration of the laboring mother’s stay (labor, delivery, and post-partum) plus two healthy grandparents during visiting hours from 8 am-8 pm. One visitor per patient per 24-hour period for all others (post-surgical, etc.). Visiting hours are 8 am-8 pm.
- Surgery : One visitor per patient for the duration of that patient’s stay. Surgery patients requiring an inpatient stay may receive visitors according the Medical/Surgical Unit visitation rules.
- OB/GYN Clinic & All OB Ultrasounds: One adult visitor per patient for obstetrics appointments at the OB/GYN clinic and obstetrics ultrasounds at the hospital.
- All Other Outpatient Services & Clinics: No visitors permitted.
- Bills & Medical Records: On-site bill pay and medical record access permitted.
The hospital and all of its locations and clinics will continue to screen all patients and permitted visitors. Masks are still required for all individuals, except patients who are medically unable to wear them. Hillsdale Hospital has not and will not deny medical care of any kind to patients who do not wear a mask. Visitors who do not wear a mask, however, are not permitted entry.
These restrictions will be reassessed daily and changes will be communicated to the media and to the public via official Hillsdale Hospital channels as soon as possible. For complete details, visit www.hillsdalehospital.com/coronavirus.