Contingent | mostly 7pm-11pm | must be available weekdays, weekends and rotating holidays
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, LMSW, and/or Program Director, performs selected patient care activities and provides activities with adult psychiatric patients from admission to discharge.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 16 credit hours in the Human Services field preferred
- Knowledge of the basic sciences underlying psychiatric care psychology, sociology or social work is a plus
- BLS (Basic Life Support) and CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Assist the RN and other disciplines in all activities of the unit including patient rounds
- Immediately report any safety concerns to the RN
- Provide compassionate care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions
- Manage and diffuse stressful situations
- Assist with basic care needs of the patient
- Monitor and record observations of patients’ physical and emotional well-being
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.