Full-Time | 40 hours/week | will work every other weekend
1st shift is 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
3rd shift is 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Swing Shift is 30 hrs/week – 1st shift on weekends, 2nd shift on weekdays
Hillsdale Hospital cleaning professionals perform a variety of sanitation services in a manner that maintains infection control standards, overall cleanliness, patient satisfaction, and safety.
Keywords: housekeeper, housekeeping, custodian, custodial, janitor, janitorial, environmental aide
- Insurance: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Retirement: 403(b) with match
- Tuition assistance and continuing education – many courses offered on-site at the hospital
- The personal satisfaction of doing valuable work and taking care of people who need you
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in commercial floor care preferred; however, willing to train
- Excellent customer service, positive attitude and interpersonal skills including effective communication with all contacts
- Ability to prioritize along with excellent organizational skills
- In all areas of the hospital, perform a variety of cleaning and disinfecting services including emptying trash cans, cleaning patient rooms, restrooms, floors, common areas, and changing bed linens
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and ensure the privacy and confidentiality of protected health information at all times
- Move furniture and other heavy objects for routine & non-routine cleaning and when assisting in patient moves
- Use equipment and supplies properly and report needed repairs or restocking to the appropriate individual
- Multitask and stick to a schedule while also responding to incidents as they occur throughout the day
- May be trained to strip, wax and buff floors throughout the hospital
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.