Dietary Aide (Food Prep and Patient Trays)
Full Time| Hours could vary – 8 and 10 hour shifts including every other weekend| Dietary / Nutrition Services Department
The Dietary Aide prepares food for the patient tray line and cafeteria, delivers meal trays to patients, serves staff and visitors in the cafeteria, and stocks nursing floors. While providing excellent customer service, assures the cafeteria is clean and sanitary and that safe food handling practices are utilized. Will be scheduled for every other weekend.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Not required, but commercial kitchen experience is preferred – sanitation plus food safety and infection control in food storage
- Utilizes safe food handling practices including taking food temperatures, using gloves when handling food, and storing food properly
- Uses knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing techniques for proper cleaning of work surfaces, equipment and cutting boards; operates dish washing machine
- Ensures cafeteria is neat during service and foods are displayed appropriately
- Is flexible and available when emergency staffing situations arise
- Insurance: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Retirement: 403(b) with match
- Tuition assistance and continuing education – many courses offered on-site at the hospital
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.