Healthy grandparents and one support person permitted for laboring mothers
HILLSDALE, Mich.— Hillsdale Hospital is limiting visitors to the Bediako Birthing Center, effective Wednesday, December 27. The restrictions are due to the increase in cases of highly-transmissible illnesses in our community, including RSV, influenza and COVID-19.
These respiratory illnesses can be fatal to infants. Visitor restrictions are essential to protecting one of our most vulnerable populations, keeping them safe and healthy.
- Bediako Birthing Center visitors are restricted to the birthing person’s significant other and one additional designated support person. Healthy grandparents may visit, two at a time, during the postpartum period.
- Children, including siblings, are not permitted in the Birthing Center at this time.
- Surgical patients may have one designated visitor throughout their stay.
- Outpatients may not receive visitors until labor is confirmed.
- Visitors must wear a face mask during their visit.
These guidelines will be reviewed regularly and restrictions will be lifted as soon as it is safe and appropriate to do so.