Part Time | 20 hrs/week including some weekend and holiday hours on a rotation
The phlebotomist collects blood from patients and assures good quality and correct labeling of specimens while assuming responsibility for the patients’ safety and comfort.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited phlebotomy program preferred but not required
- Previous phlebotomy experience in healthcare setting preferred but not required
- BLS certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Collects blood from patients, labels and checks for quality
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and comfort of patients
- Maintains laboratory operating procedures
- Orders and distributes supplies as needed along with notifying appropriate individual when supplies are low
- Uses appropriate techniques and procedures to obtain blood samples by venipuncture and skin puncture. Instruct patients on proper collection procedures for urine collection, stool collection, and other miscellaneous collections
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.