As of October 26, limited visitation is permitted for inpatients as outlined below. As of November 1, one visitor per patient is permitted at all outpatient clinic locations.
Visitors are prohibited from entry to all Hillsdale Hospital owned and operated locations and services, unless necessary for the patient to receive care (i.e. communication, mobility, caregiver, etc.) or in end-of-life circumstances. (All patients aged 21 and under may be accompanied by one parent or guardian.) Please note: Patients in isolation are not permitted visitors, regardless of condition (COVID-19, influenza, etc.). Limited exceptions may apply.
Unit- or clinic-specific visitation restrictions are as follows:
- Emergency Room: One adult visitor per patient for the duration of that patient’s ER stay. Visitor must stay in the patient’s room unless asked to move to the waiting room due to patient condition.
- McGuire & MacRitchie (Skilled Nursing Facility): Call for latest restrictions.
- Medical/Surgical Unit: Patients who are COVID-19 negative and have been an inpatient for at least 7 days may designate a single individual who may visit every other day for up to one hour. COVID-19 positive patients who are beyond the 10-day quarantine period and out of isolation may designate a single individual who may visit every other day for up to one hour. Clergy are permitted to visit a patient once during their stay (or more frequently if in end-of-life circumstances) provided that the patient either requests the visit or gives permission for the clergy member to visit. In end-of-life circumstances or when the patient is unable to give permission, family members can request or allow clergy visitation.
- Behavioral Health Unit: No visitors permitted.
- Birthing Center (OB): Visitors permitted for laboring mothers only. One significant other/adult support person is permitted for the duration of the laboring mother’s stay (labor, delivery, and post-partum).
- Outpatient Surgery: One adult visitor may accompany the patient in the pre-operative area before they go back for surgery and in the recovery room after surgery. During the patient’s surgery, visitor must leave the facility or wait in their vehicle. Hillsdale Hospital staff will call the visitor when they can return to join their loved one in recovery.
- Outpatient Clinics & OB Ultrasounds at the Hospital: One adult visitor per patient.
- All Other Outpatient Services: No visitors permitted.
- Bill Payment & Medical Records: No on-site access permitted. Bills may be paid online through the patient portal at hillsdalehospital.com or over the phone by calling (517) 437-5222. Medical Records are available for pre-scheduled pickup only by calling (517) 437-5175. Once prepared, records may be picked up in the main hospital lobby.