The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, which has spread internationally and to the United States. Investigations to learn more are ongoing.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit:
What should I do?
There are simple everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
If you are sick, to keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objectsand surfaces.
The resources below provide the most-up-to-date information, including Frequently Asked Questions, maps and travel information. We have also included several short videos from the CDC that provide additional information.
- CDC Daily Update Page: Updated daily with the latest information regarding the outbreak
- Frequently Asked Questions - Healthcare Workers: Information for clinicians and healthcare workers
- Frequently Asked Questions - General Public: What is it? How does it spread? How can I protect myself and my family
- US Map of Outbreak Activity: Information about the outbreak in the US, including a US map of case activity
- Travel Restrictions / Concerns: Travel information, restrictions and locations to avoid
- World Map of Outbreak Activity: World map wiith countries listed that have case activity
- Michigan Health and Hospital Association: Coronavirus home page
- Long Term Care Facilities: Strategies to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in long-term care facilities
- What if I have to stay at home? What should I do?