Hillsdale Hospital provides a continuum of care from hospital to home. Hillsdale Home Care provides skilled nursing; physical, occupational and speech therapy; and support through our medical social worker. Our goal is to prevent unnecessary hospitalization or facility placement through teaching and education for the patient, as well as anyone in the patient’s household who cares for or assists them. We serve homebound patients of all ages with skilled care needs in conjunction with their physician or healthcare provider.
Customized Care Team
You care team will also be customized to you, and may consist of the following:
- Skilled Nursing (RNs): patient Self-Care Education, Injections, Catheter Care, Ostomy Care, Wound Care, Medication Education, new Diagnoses Education, diet education, etc.
- Physical Therapists: Provide pain management, individual instruction on home exercise, instruction on activities of daily living, walking, getting out of bed, safe use of walkers/canes, heat, cold and massage therapies.
- Occupational Therapists: Assist patients in restoring functional independence and self care; improve ability to perform activities of daily living, energy conservation, and bathroom safety.
- Speech Therapists: Assist patients in restoring communication, evaluate swallowing disorders, evaluate and treat speech and language disorders.
- Medical Social Worker: Perform home assessments to identify social, emotional, financial concerns of family and patient, help the family to access a variety of community resources.
- Home Health Aide: When needed in conjunction with skilled care services, support patients with activities of daily living. Refer patients to long-term support for activities of daily living at the conclusion of their in-home skilled care service.