Mission: To increase access to diabetes education, serve as a resource, improve quality of life and decrease the complications of diabetes in our community.
The Clinic will serve to reduce the rising cost of diabetes care and increase access to education by:
- Offering diabetes education in individual or group settings.
- Serving as a resource to provide educational materials and helping patients navigate the health care system.
- Providing community outreach to increase awareness of diabetes and its complications by providing educational programs to schools, worksites and human service organizations.
- Collaborating with Network Partners to ensure the Diabetes Clinic minimizes the burden of health care cost, while improving the lives of our community.
Hillsdale Hospital’s Clinic provides:
- Individual consultation by a Registered Nurse and Certified Diabetes Educator
- Monthly Diabetes Education Seminars
- Community wellness and prevention programs
Diabetes Clinic is conveniently located at:
30 South Howell St. • Hillsdale, MI 49242
Contact: Emily Lambright, RN BS CHES CDE
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Diabetes Clinic welcomes all residents, regardless of insurance coverage.
Hillsdale Hospital’s Diabetes Education Program* has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association for quality self-management education and support.
Diabetes educators have the knowledge and skills to teach our community how to manage their diabetes to improve quality of life.