Full-Time | 36 Hours/Week | 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. | Emergency Department
Provides quality, professional, and compassionate patient assistance plus clerical assistance for the department according to regulatory requirements and nursing standards of practice in a manner that meets the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Nurse Aide and Medical Assistant certifications
- BLS and CPI certifications (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Excellent communications skills, customer service skills and positive attitude
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace vision, mission, values and culture of Hillsdale Hospital, and must be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with favorable attendance record
- Assists patients with positioning, comfort, toileting, eating, transporting
- Performs basic nursing care procedures: weights, dressing changes, foley insertion and removal, applying compresses, etc.
- Maintains accurate records of all ED logs, quality controls, follow-up book, census sheets and provider call board
- Collects patient specimens
- Performs clerical duties related to admissions, discharges, transfers, etc.