Provides quality, professional, and compassionate nursing care according to regulatory requirements and nursing standards of practice in a manner that meets the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Current Michigan RN license
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Prefer experience in surgical/anesthesia nursing and a minimum of five years clinical relationships
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace Vision, Mission, values and culture of Hillsdale Hospital, and must be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with favorable attendance
- Provide physical and psychosocial preparation for surgery including answering patient questions related to their surgical experience pre-operatively, intra-operatively and post-operatively.
- Work closely with physicians in assessing and treating pre and post procedure patients. May need to assist physicians with procedures and/or family contacts.
- Assess all O.R. patients the morning of their surgery to assess pre-operative status and verify completeness of PAT process and chart. Effectively integrating, informing and involving other departments in patients’ pre-operative needs. Start pre-procedure IV’s.
- Provide post op patient care according to policy and guidelines. Be aware of the post-operative condition and communicate with the surgeon when necessary.
- Assist physician and anesthesia with the care of endoscopy patients. Monitors and assists team members during the procedure.
- Obtain and coordinate with other departments the ordered screening tests pre-operatively: EKG-Cardiopulmonary, X-rays, Lab specimens.
- Maintains appropriate documentation required in the department. Monitors and assures accurate recording of events on the patient record.