Casual | Schedule Varies | Behavioral Health Unit
Responsible for carrying out nursing activities and assumes responsibility for the Dempster W. Muffitt Center for Psychiatric Care on assigned shift. Renders hands-on professional nursing care to patients as necessary and in accordance with hospital policies and psychiatric standards of care.
- Current Michigan RN license
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- BLS, ACLS, and CPI certifications (Available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of protected health information at all times
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace Vision, Mission, values and culture of Hillsdale Hospital, and must be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with favorable attendance record
- Direct and carry out nursing activities for assigned shift. Assign duties to nursing personnel based on patient needs and available staff skills. Observe nursing care and visit patients to ensure that nursing care is delivered as directed. Has 1-1 interactions with each of assigned patients on assigned shift.
- Administers medication according to hospital standards. Assures that medication consents are obtained on all psychotropic, anti-anxiety agents and antidepressants. Ensures that all medication consents are signed and patient is given medication information.
- Assesses all new patients and oversees admission of all new patients and initiates care plan. Ensures that all discharge interviews are complete. Make sure all discharge safety plans are completed for each discharge.
Take Down: 05/13/2021 (May remain posted longer)