Casual | Behavioral Health Unit
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), LMSW, and/or Program Director performs, selected patient care activities and provides activities with adult psychiatric patients from admission to discharge.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 16 credit hours in the Human Services field preferred; knowledge of the basic sciences underlying psychiatric care psychology, sociology or social work is a plus.
- BLS certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace Vision, Mission, values and culture of Hillsdale Hospital, and must be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with favorable attendance record
- Assists the RN and other disciplines in all activities of the unit including patient rounds on time according to the level of safety and immediately reports any safety concerns to the RN.
- Provide compassionate care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions
- Manage and diffuse stressful situations
- Assist with basic care needs of the patient
- Monitor and record observations of patients’ physical and emotional well-being