Full Time | 36 Hours/Week | 7:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. | Med / Surg
Do you want a job that’s more than just a paycheck? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others, taking care of people when they need it most? At Hillsdale Hospital, that’s what our incredible team does every day. Here you’ll experience meaningful and fulfilling work; personal and professional growth; a job with purpose that satisfies your desire to have a positive impact on people’s lives; and the feeling that you’ve done something good for someone who is hurting, sick, or grieving.
Under the supervision of the RN, assists in meeting the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of patients and their families through the professional and compassionate delivery of basic nursing care.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid Michigan CNA certification preferred (For those who are interested and do not possess a current Nursing Assistant Certification, Hillsdale Hospital will support and/or reimburse the cost for employee to attend the Nursing Assistant Certification program)
- BLS certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace the Vision, Mission, Values and Culture of Hillsdale Hospital; and must be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with a favorable attendance record
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, i.e. grooming, bathing, eating and the like
- Collect patient specimens and communicate to nurse
- Maintain accurate records within the chart: graphics, I&Os, evening and weekend activity, showers, etc.
- Have knowledge of patient’s plan of care and interventions under the direction of the Charge Nurse
- Answer call light, phone and communicate with the residents’ and families in a friendly respectful manner
- Perform clerical duties related to admissions, discharges, transfers, deaths, etc. Inputs computer data appropriately. Answers the telephone in a friendly manner, takes messages, and directs calls