Full-Time | 36 Hours/Week | Nights | Med / Surg
Under the supervision of the RN, assists in meeting the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of patients and their families, through the professional and compassionate delivery of basic nursing care.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid Michigan CENA certification preferred (For those who are interested and do not possess a current Nursing Assistant Certification, Hillsdale Hospital will support and/or reimburse the cost for employee to attend the Nursing Assistant Certification program)
- BLS certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace the Vision, Mission, Values and Culture of Hillsdale Hospital, and must be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with a favorable attendance record
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, i.e. grooming, bathing, eating and the like
- Collect patient specimens and communicate to nurse
- Maintain accurate records within the chart: graphics, I&Os, evening and weekend activity, showers, etc.
- Have knowledge of patient’s plan of care and interventions under the direction of the Charge Nurse
- Performs clerical duties related to admissions, discharges, transfers, deaths, etc. Inputs computer data appropriately. Answers the telephone in a friendly manner, takes messages, and directs calls