Full-Time (10:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.)| Emergency Department
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.
Under the supervision of an RN, the Unit Clerk in the Emergency Department performs clerical duties in addition to their patient care responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Nursing Assistant, EMT-Paramedic, or EMT-Advanced certification required
- Good phone, computer, clerical and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail
- BLS and CPI certifications (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Assists patients with positioning, comfort, toileting, eating, transporting
- Performs basic nursing care procedures: weights, dressing changes, foley insertion and removal, applying compresses, etc.
- Maintains accurate records of all ED logs, quality controls, follow-up book, census sheets and provider call board
- Collects patient specimens
- Performs clerical duties related to admissions, discharges, transfers, etc.
- Insurance: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Retirement: 403(b) with match
- Tuition assistance and continuing education – many courses offered on-site at the hospital