40 Hours/Week | Hillsdale Health & Wellness Clinic
Provides excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, employees, and healthcare partners. Performs duties to include patient registration, scheduling, maintaining patient confidentiality, answering phones promptly and courteously, data entry, scanning, and keeping patients informed of any delays. The clinic is open 7 days a week; must be able to work on weekends.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous medical office experience and knowledge of medical terminology required
- Knowledge of insurance and disability forms processing and FMLA regulations
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and data presentation
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace the Vision, Mission, Values and Culture of Hillsdale Hospital. Must also be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with a favorable attendance record.
- Maintains and prepares the office for daily activities. Assists in the ordering and stocking of supplies
- Advises patients of billing policies, collects payments, and maintains a cash drawer
- Completes FMLA/disability paperwork and medical record requests
- Prepares daily payment log, and submits information to patient accounts and fiscal department
- Manages daily incoming/outgoing correspondence such as faxes and emails, and facilitates incoming/outgoing referrals