Full Time (Days) | Hillsdale Health & Wellness Walk In Clinic
Do you want a job that’s more than just a paycheck? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others, taking care of people when they need it most? At Hillsdale Hospital, that’s what our incredible team does every day. Here you’ll experience meaningful and fulfilling work; personal and professional growth; a job with purpose that satisfies your desire to have a positive impact on people’s lives; and the feeling that you’ve done something good for someone who is hurting, sick, or grieving.
The medical office receptionist provides excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, employees, and healthcare partners. Performs duties to include patient registration, scheduling, maintaining patient confidentiality, answering phones promptly and courteously, data entry, scanning, and keeping patients informed of any delays. The clinic is open 7 days a week; must be able to work on weekends.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous medical office experience and knowledge of medical terminology required
- Knowledge of insurance and disability forms processing and FMLA regulations
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and data presentation
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace the Vision, Mission, Values and Culture of Hillsdale Hospital. Must also be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with a favorable attendance record.
- Maintains and prepares the office for daily activities; assists in the ordering and stocking of supplies
- Advises patients of billing policies, collects payments, and maintains a cash drawer
- Completes FMLA / disability paperwork and medical record requests
- Prepares daily payment log, and submits information to patient accounts and fiscal department
- Manages daily incoming and outgoing correspondence such as faxes and emails, and facilitates incoming and outgoing referrals
- Insurance: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Retirement: 403(b) with match
- Continuing Education: many courses offered on-site at the hospital