Full-Time | 8:30 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. | Hospital Lab
Why Hillsdale Hospital
Hillsdale Hospital is dedicated to excellence in healthcare community service, continued improvement, and respect for human life. We manage the health needs of our local community through compassionate and highly skilled care in our clean, safe, healing environment.
The Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Technician’s responsibilities include quality control, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting, specimen preparation and analysis, recording of test results, quality assurance monitoring and reporting, and clerical / administrative work.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory technology
- BLS certification (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Performs qualitative and quantitative tests and examinations using various analyzer and/or manual methods on specimen sources such as blood, urine, and other body fluids
- Assesses accuracy and validity of obtained test results by applying knowledge of relevant scientific principles, recognizes changes that are critical to patient care, identifies probable causes for irregular and atypical findings
- Troubleshoots instruments and resolves technical problems, documents corrective action and initiates remedial action
- Responsible for all regulatory compliance issues necessary for accreditation
- Establishes written policies and procedures for a comprehensive quality assurance program, patient test management, quality control, test procedure and policy manuals
- Insurance: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick days, personal days, holidays
- Retirement: 403(b) with match
- Tuition assistance and continuing education – many courses offered on-site at the hospital