Collects soiled laundry, sorts and weighs, washes and dries, distributes clean linens to departments and maintains stock levels on floors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to prioritize and understand laundry procedures and machine operations.
- Routine heavy lifting up to 60 pounds. Must be able to work in hot and humid work environment with prolonged standing and walking, reaching, stooping, and bending. Pushes/pulls heavy equipment, and works with laundry/housekeeping cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Must display positive communications and be committed to Service Excellence; must embrace the Vision, Mission, Values and Culture of Hillsdale Hospital
- Receives or collects soiled laundry from various areas of the hospital. Sorts according to type and condition and weight, and records weight.
- Observes operation of machines and makes minor adjustments or reports malfunctioning to the supervisor and/or maintenance.
- Folds, sorts, and stacks both large and small articles. Examines articles for stains, tears, or other imperfections.
- Prepares and delivers laundry in carts to departments, puts linen stacks in carts for distribution. Reports all linen shortages to department manager.
- Keeps records of total weight of wash processed daily for each hospital department.
- Keeps linen room neat and orderly; cleans delivery equipment and assists with other cleaning duties in laundry/linen department.