Full-Time | 1st shift 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 pm| will work every other weekend | Environmental Services
Collects soiled laundry, sorts and weights, washes and dries, distributes clean linens to departments and maintains stock levels on floors according to established, procedures, and instructions for machine operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to prioritize and understand laundry procedures and machine operations.
- Routine heavy lifting up to 60 pounds. Must be able to work in hot and humid work environment with prolonged standing and walking, reaching, stooping, and bending. Pushes/pulls heavy equipment, and work with laundry/housekeeping cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Must display positive communications and be committed to Service Excellence; must embrace the Vision, Mission, Values and Culture of Hillsdale Hospital
- Receives or collects soiled laundry from various areas of the hospital. Sorts according to type, condition and weight, and records weight.
- Observes operation of machines and makes minor adjustments or reports malfunctioning to the supervisor and/or maintenance.
- Folds, sorts, and stacks both large and small articles. Examines articles for stains, tears, or other imperfections.
- Prepares and delivers laundry in carts to departments; puts linen stacks in carts for distribution. Reports all linen shortages to department manager.
- Keeps records of total weight of wash processed daily for each hospital department.
- Keeps linen room neat and orderly; cleans delivery equipment and assists with other cleaning duties in laundry/linen department.