Full-Time (Nights) | 36 Hours/Week | 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. | Emergency Department
Provides quality, professional, and compassionate care according to regulatory requirements and hospital standards of practice in a manner that meets the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Nurse Aide Registry Document, EMT-Advanced, or EMT-Paramedic certification required
- BLS and CPI certifications (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Excellent communications skills, customer services and positive attitude
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace Vision, Mission, values and culture of Hillsdale Hospital, and must be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with favorable attendance record
- Promptly and accurately recognizes and reports all concerns and abnormal findings.
- Has knowledge of the patient’s condition and plan of care & assists under the direction of the RN.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to advocate for the patient at all times.
- Performs basic nursing care procedures: weights, dressing changes, foley insertion and removal, applying compresses, etc.
- Maintains accurate records of all logs, graphic intake and output, lab draws/IV starts, and appropriate patient care documentation.
- Collects patient specimens, labels and sends to the laboratory in a timely fashion.
- Performs clerical duties related to admissions, discharges, transfers, etc.