Charge Nurse | Full Time (Days) | Primarily 8a.m.-4:30p.m. but flexibility is required to meet departmental needs| Medical / Surgical & Critical Care
The Charge Nurse Provides quality, professional, and compassionate nursing care and is also responsible for the environmental control, area staff, assistance to employees, materials and equipment, and education and development of clinical staff. Analyzes and evaluates nursing services to improve quality of care provided.
- Current Michigan RN license
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications (available through Hillsdale Hospital)
- Minimum of 5 years acute care nursing experience or 2 years with prior leadership experience in team leader role.
- Must be committed to Service Excellence and embrace Vision, Mission, values and culture of Hillsdale Hospital, and must be flexible, dependable, responsible and a team player with a favorable attendance record.
- Supervises the departments in an efficient manner by planning, organizing and controlling all activities of the departments in collaboration with the Director of Inpatient Services
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients.
- Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all patient experience tactics.
- Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occurs daily.
- Promotes and validates HFAP compliance.
- Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
- Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
- Participates in 30-day and 90-day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
- Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
- Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will monitor and manage productivity daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan.