Health Information Management
Health Information Management is responsible for the maintenance and retention of health information that is performed at Hillsdale Hospital. We are located on the main level of the hospital.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: What are your hours of business and contact information?
Q: How can I obtain a copy of my medical records?
- You must complete an authorization for release of information download a blank authorization form . It must be signed by the patient or legal representative, if a minor, their parent. An authorization is not required when being sent directly to the ordering physician or a member of our medical staff. Picture ID will be required. Results are ideally obtained from your primary care physician. One courtesy copy of your result can be obtained for personal, insurance or other legitimate purpose.
Q: Can my spouse or other individual pick up my records for me?
- Only with a properly executed release of information that specifically states that this individual can be provided your information.
Q: I had testing performed at Hillsdale Hospital. When will the results be available?
- Please wait 3-4 days after your services are provided to obtain a copy. This is to allow interpretation and processing of the results.
Q: How do I obtain a copy of a birth certificate for myself/my child?
- Birth Records and Paternity papers are filed with the county in which you were born and the state in which you were born. Copies of these documents may be obtained from the County Clerk’s office (517)-437-3391. The hospital is not allowed to release copies of birth certificates.
Q: How can I obtain an authorization form?
- Many different options are available. You may come to the office during business hours, send one via United States Postal service, or download a blank authorization form from our site and fax or mail to our office. Please allow 5-10 business days after receipt for processing of the request.
168 South Howell Street
Hillsdale, MI 49242
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
(517) 437-5175 - Phone
(517) 437-5343 - Fax