Patient Information: Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Serves as an advisory resource to administration and staff.
- Promotes improved relationships between patients, families, and hospital staff.
- Provides a vehicle for communication between patients, families, and staff.
- Provides a venue for patients and families to provide input into policy and program development.
- Provides an opportunity for patients and families to review recommendations referred to the council by staff or administration.
- Provides an opportunity for patients and families to actively participate in the development of new facilities and programs.
- Actively helps implement changes.
- Collaborates as partners with staff, physicians, and administration in the planning and operation of specific programs.
- Provides opportunities for staff to listen to their patients and families.
- Provides a safe venue for patients and families to provide input in a setting where they are receiving care.
BENEFITS OF AN ADVISORY COUNCIL
- Leads to increased understanding and cooperation between patients, families and staff.
- Results in more efficient planning to ensure that services meet consumer's needs and priorities.
- Promotes respectful, effective partnerships between patients and families and hospital professionals.
- Offers a forum for developing creative, cost-effective solutions to problems and challenges faced by the hospital.
- Supplies a link between the program, its surrounding community, and community groups.
Community Members (Pictured)
Back Row - Terri Sparks, Karen Kunkel
Front Row - Pam Purdy, Jeannie Vaillancourt, Martha Spicuzza
JJ Hodshire, Dr. Karen Luparello, Tressa Reiniche, John Robertson, Julie Walters, Doris Whorley
Meeting dates/times 2017
(All meetings at 5:00 in the Hospital Board Room)
April 5, 2017
June 7, 2017
August 2, 2017
October 4, 2017
December 6, 2017
October 5, 2016 Minutes
December 7, 2016 Minutes
February 1, 2017 Minutes
April 12, 2017 Minutes
2017 Presenters - thank you flyer